Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday's Dream Schemes/Free Challenge Today!

This posting is for our Thursday's dream schemes and it is a free challenge. I would like to challenge you to send one of your cards that you make and send it to someone you know who is in need of a lift. Maybe someone elderly who is stuck inside because of this horrendous winter or maybe someone who has lost their job or maybe even someone suffering from depression or illness. I have been challenging myself this year to do this kind of thing more. I do love creating, but I am learning that I enjoy it even more when I share it. Design team member Deborah March spends some of her time regularly at a nursing home helping the residents make greeting cards. Just a donation of cards for the residents to send to people would be appreciated...the elderly living on a fixed income rarely have extra dollars for such things.

The birdhouse stencil (LM148) was done with the double glitter technique and very pale glitters, then the detail work was stenciled with pigment inks. The frame around the window was stenciled with pigment ink and the happy birthday stencil (LM285) was pasted in a pale blue paste mixture I had used to create something else. You can mix your own colors...I believe I used a couple tablespoons of pearlescent embossing paste (DPP) and mixed a small 1/4 teaspoon of the Metallic F/X Navajo Sky (F/X17) into it. Then while it was still wet I sprinkled a turquoise ultrafine glitter on top of it. When it was dry I took the tip of a craft knife and scratched just a bit of the glitter off to expose the light blue paste that was under it.

If you would like the instructions for the double glitter technique that has all the details and tips email me at: lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com

8 comments:

Wendy said...

I love visiting your blog! I am inspired everytime I visit! Thank you Lynell!! I hope you have a beautiful day!!

Marijane said...

I've been seeing robins here in Illinois after a miserable winter... what a joy! Now your card has also lifted my spirits with its light "springy" feel. Thank you, Lynell!

sommrstamping said...

Lynell... this card is so pretty, it really lifted my spirits this morning, I can almost see spring just around the corner. Have a wonderful day.

Liz Martin said...

Your card is a ray of sunshine, Lynell. Georgia, Terrece and I are getting a Bay Area soaking, so your cheery card made my day!

Kristi said...

very lovely as per usual. Really a fun card and love the GLITTER!

Louise said...

So pretty Lynell! I love the birdhouse stencil and I haven't tried it with glitter yet, but I will soon!

Deborah March said...

Another masterpiece from the stencil queen!

Anonymous said...

Yet another absolutely wonderful card!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive