Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thursday's Dream Schemes/Christmas in April from Ontario, Canada

I swear we have had the coldest winter ever here in Southern California! I know, I know, yes, it has had it's warm spells as well. But I got up one day this week and it was 37 degrees, so you have to admit that is pretty chilly. So Cindy, who is from Ontario Canada,... along with this almost freezing weather have inspired me to share a Christmas themed card this week.


This week is a free challenge week for our Dream Schemes, so I decided to share this beautiful Christmas card that "Cin" made from a stencil that she won from Dreamweaver at one of our blog events before Christmas. The little "swooshy" holiday tree stencil (LM279) was paste-embossed and then while it was still wet glitter was sprinkled on top. I think this would be one of the most simple, yet gorgeous Christmas cards to make if you had a long card list.


Thank you for the inspiration Cindy and thanks for playing along with us when you get inspired to create with stencils.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It cracked me up to see my card on your site Lynell ... it's soooo cold still here in Canada! Thankfully all of our snow has finally melted! Thanks for posting my card on your blog! I'm honoured.

Wendy said...

Fabulous card CIndy!!!! I hope to see on of your fabulous creations this week!!!

Marijane said...

Lovely card, Cindy! This would be pretty using almost any of the Dreamweaver holiday stencils pasted and sprinkled with clear glitter - it's such a pretty effect. Blue and white for winter holiday cards is so very pretty!

Liz Martin said...

This card is perfect for the San Francisco Bay Area weather, too. Clean and simple and elegant - just perfect!

Donna said...

Great card Cin. I love the blue and white. I'm sure you are wondering what Lynell is complaining about! Living in Canada, YOU know what cold is, right? We in CA are very lucky to have such fabulous weather most of the time ... and particularly here in San Diego!

Kristi said...

I love it!!!!! so pretty. I am just enjoying the sun being out! This is so elegant and crisp!

Louise said...

Great card Cindy, but as I'm sitting here shivering on another chill April day in the Chicago area, I can't say I'm in the mood to make anything but summery things! Although my daffodils are in full bloom, so that makes it better.

Laura Drahozal said...

Good work, Cindy. This is so beautiful and elegant!

Post a Comment