Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday's Dream Schemes/This month's challenge is green

This month we are challenging our readers to Go Green or Go Braugh in celebration of the upcoming month of March. Today I have taken a very organic spin on this challenge. The first card uses two different versions of the monstera leaf stencil. LG 641 is an open cut stencil that is just a cut out of the leaf's shape and LG 706 is the shape of the stencil with the swiss cheeselike holes to give the design that authentic monstera shape. Why do they call this leaf Monstera?...well, like it's name it is huge and the vase stencil (LG707) here is dwarfed by the leaves on the card, but I love to do the faux cloisonné technique and that was done on the vase to give it that ceramic look. If you are interested in knowing more about that technique email me at lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com and I would be happy to email you the faux cloisonné instructions. 


The second card I am showing you today is a technique called "strié" and couldn't be simpler to do. Here the leaf stencil (LG642) at the bottom of the card was stenciled three times, one on top of the other, the last one a bit darker than the first two. Then the leaves at the top draping down was dry embossed with a stylus. The stencil was then removed and using a large brush I pulled pigment ink across the embossed design. The small thank you (LG691) was done the same way. This is one of my favorite techniques and if you enjoy dry embossing it is a very effective yet simple way to colorize your creation.


Join us this month and play along as we continue to stencil green things onto green paper or metal etc. Just add your link to mr. linky below and don't forget to see what the team is up to this week by following the listed links below:





11 comments:

Scrappychick said...

These are just beautiful! Love the faux cloisinee! Have a great trip this week :)

Cherylynn said...

Wow Lynell, you so totally rocked this. You are definitely the QUEEN OF STENCILS!!! Safe travels.

Wendy said...

Fabulous cards Lynell!!! I can't wait to try the
strie technique~!!!

sommrstamping said...

Beautiful cards Lynell love both techniques.

Kristi said...

very cool! LOVE this card

Louise said...

Great cards Lynell, I have always loved that monstera leaf (both of them!). Believe it or not, I don't own either! Safe travels.

Liz Martin said...

Two very elegant cards with techniques that really set them off. Here are three more stencils for the "must have" list.

Laura Drahozal said...

These cards are quite lovely. I especially like the Strie one. It isn't my normal style, which is why I HAVE to try it! Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

As always Lynell, you shine! love the cards and the techniques.

Anonymous said...

So glad I was able to join this challenge!

Jacqueline Smith said...

Wow what great cards Lynell,especially the Strie one. Anyways I did fine time to join the challenge.

Post a Comment